Friday, May 4, 2012

Settling In


I know, I know: I haven’t posted in a dog’s age.

Well, we had our beloved friend Jacky
Libby and Jacky

visiting us from Germany over the last two weeks so I didn’t want to take the time to write about Coco. That doesn’t mean nothing’s been happening! We took a lovely trip to Bronx Botanical gardens where I discovered that Libby’s quite good with the camera:



And we’re getting the hang of the potty habits! We’ve had only one accident in the house over the last two weeks, and looking back on it I think it’s possible that Coco was signalling that she wanted to go out and I just thought she was petitioning for some of the lunch we were not sharing with her. 

We went eight days in a row without incident which can only mean that Morin and I are finally on board with Coco’s schedule! She’s really got us trained. Every three hours about does it, except that the long nap in the afternoon gives about four hours between trips.

I had hoped this blog would be helpful to anyone else trying to convert a caged dog into a pet but I still have little advice to offer. At the least, I can show you how nicely her hair is growing in.  


And she’a nice dog. Here she is helping Libby at homework time:





Helping Libby to NOT do homework, that is.








No comments: